The most crucial aspect of having an emergency kit is to help survive in any given situation, whether an accident, natural disaster or war. A useful emergency kit aids in alleviating pain at that moment before getting to a hospital for further treatment. With disasters and accidents occurring now and then, it is paramount to invest in the best emergency kit for family.
Emergency kits can make all the difference when it comes to life and death; hence it is better to salvage the situation. These kits play significant roles in a variety of situations, but what is more important is helping in survival. Choosing the best emergency kit for your family is critical in having a back-up emergency plan.
Why Do I Need A 72-hour Kit?
A 72-hour kit helps in preparing for an emergency that requires first aid before further treatment is accessed. This kit is essential because it will help you survive in many cases before medical assistance arrives. There are a lot of events that take place that requires immediate attention, thus the need for a 72-hour kit. Never be caught unprepared by not having this vital kit because you never know when an emergency will strike. Hurricanes, earthquakes, severe outbreaks, and hurricanes are tragic events that require immediate assistance, which can only be provided by having a 72-hour kit. This is because those affected in such situations need first-hand help before any medical aid arrives at the scene.
Table Of Content:
- 5 Best Emergency Kit For Family Reviews In 2020
- 1. Emergency Zone 4 Person Family Prep 72 Hour Survival Kit/go-bag
- 2. Emergency Zone 4 Person Urban Survival 72-hour Bug Out/go Bag
- 3. Rescue Guard First Aid Kit Hurricane Disaster Or Earthquake Emergency Survival Bug Out Bag
- 4. First My Family 4fkit All-in-one 4-person Premium Disaster Preparedness Survival Kit
- 5. Emergency Zone The Essentials Complete Deluxe Survival 72-hour Kit
- What To Consider Before Buying An Emergency Kit For The Family
Emergency Zone 4 Person Family Prep 72 Hour Survival Kit
Emergency Zone 4 Person Urban Survival 72-Hour Bug Out
Rescue Guard First Aid Kit Hurricane Disaster or Earthquake
First My Family 4FKIT All-in-One 4-Person Premium Disaster Preparedness Survival Kit
Emergency Zone The Essentials Complete Deluxe Survival 72-Hour Kit
5 Best Emergency Kit For Family Reviews In 2020
When it comes to having an emergency kit, there is a lot to consider; that is why this review will help you in understanding the various emergency kits. This guide will look into the top five best emergency kit for family to indicate the best ones available in the market today.
1. Emergency Zone 4 Person Family Prep 72 Hour Survival Kit/go-bag
This is an ideal survival kit family of 4 Persons that is perfect in preparing your entire for any emergency. It comes with a discrete Red Backpack that contains different survival supplies that are packed discreetly. All supplies are fitted in the heavy-duty backpack discreetly so as not to draw unnecessary attention.
This emergency survival kit is packed lightweight so as not to weigh you down. It is compact enough yet leaves ample space to allow you to add your items like documents, clothing, and child comfort items. With this multi-purpose 72-hour survival kit, you can survive in any given emergency event, whether you are indoors or outdoors.
During an emergency, getting access to food or water becomes such a hard task. However, this kit comes packed with water and enough freeze-dried meals to help you cope with the situation. That is why it is the best 4-person survival kit having everything included for surviving purposes. In this pack, you will also find an emergency guidebook that gives you information about survival, which is critical.
Emergency Zone 4 Features:
- This emergency kit comes with a discreetly packed red backpack that contains different supplies paramount for survival.
- It comes packed with enough supply of dried meals and water to enable you to cope with the situation.
- You will also find an Emergency Guidebook that gives you information on survival and how to cope.
- In the emergency go bag are survival tools as well as emergency gears paramount for survival in case of any emergency or disaster.
- A lightweight packed emergency survival kit that does not weigh you down and also has adequate space for keeping your items.
2. Emergency Zone 4 Person Urban Survival 72-hour Bug Out/go Bag
To be ready for natural disasters like wildfire, floods, or earthquakes, you need to have a 72-hour bug out. This is meant to protect not just yourself but your family in general. It comes in a new design of an enhanced backpack that has a comfortable grip handle for secure handling. The bag has durable reinforced stitching for durability and also padded with a breathable mesh fabric to improve airflow.
With this emergency zone survival kit, you will have peace of mind knowing your family is safe and secure because this go bag is designed to aid in preparing your family against disasters. It comes packed with every survival item that will enable you to survive the situation you are in. All supplies are packed discreetly in a heavy-weight backpack that does not draw unwanted attention.
This is the best emergency backpack kit four persons that are lightweight while still having sufficient space to allow you to add your items. It is packed with enough water plus adequate food that comes with a 5-year shelf life from the time of manufacture. Inside the backpack is an emergency guidebook with vast information on how to survive during an emergency. Emergency gear and survival tools are also included in this emergency go bag that is critical in surviving in a disaster.
Emergency Zone 4 Person Features:
- This emergency kit features a Black Backpack that carries all survival supplies discreetly packed so as not to draw attention.
- It is a compact emergency survival kit that is packed to be lightweight in that it does not end up weighing you down.
- The backpack is exceptionally designed with a comfortable grip handle that enables you to handle the backpack with ease.
- In this backpack, you will find water and food that comes with a 5-year shelf life that gives you hope of surviving for a long time.
- An emergency guidebook is availed in this kit to give you vital survival information when administering first aid.
3. Rescue Guard First Aid Kit Hurricane Disaster Or Earthquake Emergency Survival Bug Out Bag
The Rescue Guard First Aid Kit is the best survival backpack that comes packed with essential emergency supplies to survive a hurricane disaster. Your family can survive with this kit for 72 hours, but when rationed. All supplies are well stored in a handy backpack, meaning you can store it at home to help you survive when another disaster strikes.
This kit is designed in two levels, the first being the Basic Survival Kit that carries 12 Days of food and supplies meant for one individual. The other is 72 Hour Emergency Kit for that has survival supplies for six days intended to help two people. Apart from that, this first aid kit also can come in handy for a Family of Four, making it the best family emergency kit with adequate emergency supplies.
In this survival pack, you will find quality survival items, including food, light, water, rope, and many other things. You will also find a Full Survival Backpack that can help you go through any storm. The bag is comfortably designed to help you carry it comfortably as well as fully equipped with all the items required in an emergency.
Rescue Guard First Features:
- This is a 72-hour survival backpack having all the required emergency supplies meant to help you survive an earthquake or hurricane disaster.
- It comes with level two and three emergency survival supplies to cater for a family of four to survive many days.
- This pack contains top quality items, including tent, food, sleeping pockets, and many more, all meant for survival.
- It is a comfortable backpack having 3 Deluxe first aid kit supplies all well labeled to help you manage during a disaster.
- The backpack contains supplies that are well packed and can be stored to help when another disaster strikes.
4. First My Family 4fkit All-in-one 4-person Premium Disaster Preparedness Survival Kit
The First My Family 4FKIT Survival Kit is specifically desired to suit up to four people making the ideal family emergency preparedness kit. This survival kit comes in handy when disaster strikes having an 85-piece first-aid kit with different first aid items meant to keep you safe after an injury. All the items come in a hard-shell case to keep them safe from any harm.
In any given emergency, food and water are two critical items that are highly required. This kit comes equipped with clean drinking water that can remain fresh, even for five years, which is essential to your survival. In this disaster survival kit, you will find 2400-calorie food ration packed in various easy grab go bag for convenience.
An emergency or disaster can cause displacement; hence you need the right tools to keep you sheltered. The disaster preparedness kit carries a 200-hour LED flashlight, 12-hour glow sticks, emergency Mylar space blanket, and other items. All these come in handy in keeping you warm and safe. You will also find leather palmed work gloves to keep your hands warm and protected as well as medical-grade masks to keep off dust and other debris from invading your lungs.
First My Family Features:
- This survival kit features an 85-piece first-aid kit that has various first aid items all meant to keep you safe and protected.
- In this kit, you will find clean drinking water that can keep you hydrated even for five years.
- This is a kit that has 2400-calorie food that rationally packed in different easy go bags for convenience.
- This emergency kit carries different tools to keep you safe and protected.
- It comes with a disaster preparedness kit that carries items in a hard-shell case for safety.
5. Emergency Zone The Essentials Complete Deluxe Survival 72-hour Kit
Preparing your family for any given emergency calls for having an emergency kit that contains all survival essentials. This Complete Deluxe Survival 72-Hour Kit was designed to offer both individuals and families an affordable survival kit that is also of high quality. This is the best family survival kit for your family to prepare for floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, and any other emergency disaster that may occur.
When a disaster strikes, accessing water and food becomes quite a challenge. In this kit, you will find clean water essential for survival, which comes with a frontier straw filter. This allows you to make use of any water source while filtering almost 30 gallons of bacteria. Apart from that, you will also find food rations with a 5-year shelf life from the date of manufacturer. This food includes 1200 calories available per person on a given day.
This kit comes with an Emergency Guidebook that gives information about having an emergency plan. In the kit, you will also find supplies and other tools that are critical for survival during a disaster. You will also learn how to administer life-saving first aid through the information provided in the emergency guidebook.
Emergency Zone Features:
- This is a multi-purpose 72-hour go bag that carries all the essentials critical for survival during an emergency.
- Water is provided in this kit having a shelf life of 5 years that also comes with a frontier straw filter that enables you to use water from any source.
- It comes with 1200 calories supply of food per person that is enough to carry you through any disaster.
- This kit features an Emergency Guidebook that provides critical information on survival.
- In this emergency kit, you will find tools and other supplies that are paramount when faced with an emergency or a disaster.
What To Consider Before Buying An Emergency Kit For The Family
Guaranteeing your family safety, especially when it comes to life-changing situations, should be of utmost importance. That is why you need to invest in the best emergency kit for family, so when life-threatening crisis strikes, you are fully prepared. This buyer’s guide will enable you to have the right information on the factors to consider before making a purchase.
If you are planning something outdoors, then you need to consider the size and also the weight of the kit for convenience when carrying. Emergency kits come in various sizes; thus, it is up to you to pick the size that will be ideal for your situation. The best size is, however, one that can fit various emergency supplies to enable you to handle any type of emergency.
When facing an emergency, you don’t want to keep worrying about your food getting spoilt. That is why you must opt for an emergency kit with a long shelf life so that your food remains in good condition. Keep in mind the manufacturer’s date before investing in an emergency kit for survival.
In any given emergency, there are essential items that determine your survival. When choosing the right emergency kit for your family, you need to consider the important items you would want to include in a kit. Some of the items are food and water. These two should never miss, then followed by other tools that will be vital when disaster strikes.
Cost varies from one kit to the other and also depending on the number of items in the kit. Cheap models may not be so practical because they may have fewer items as compared to costlier ones. The bottom line is spending your money on a kit with the most important tools that will enable you to survive for quite some time.
Duration of emergency:
Before purchasing an emergency kit, find out the length of the period it will last you. The fact that you may not know when any given emergency will last should push you to purchase an emergency kit with supplies that will last you for days, even months. Pay attention to the number of supplies present in the emergency kit, especially food items.
Why Should You Buy An Emergency Kit For The Family
Various advantages will make you buy an emergency kit for a family. Some of the reasons are:
- Investing in a survival kit ensures that you keep your family safe and protected no matter the emergency that strikes.
- Having an emergency kit enables you to remain and stay prepared whenever an emergency occurs.
- A survival kit contains everything that you may require in case of an emergency. This helps you in ensuring that you don’t up to getting stranded or panicking when during an emergency.
- With an emergency kit, you can find detailed information with an emergency plan on how to stay safe in an emergency or disaster.
- An emergency kit is lightweight; hence you can carry it around. It also comes with ample space to allow you to carry your items.
With these several advantages of an emergency kit, you can now choose to buy the right one from our review on the best emergency kit for family.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it essential to prepare a 72-hour survival kit?
To help you prepare for any emergency or natural disaster once it strikes.
Where should I put my 72-hour kit?
You can keep it in a water-tight container or any other area that will be easy to access in case of an emergency.
What is the purpose of water in a survival kit?
This is because water remains the first survival item that is most important to have.
Where should I put my emergency kit?
An emergency kit can be stored in a good place, either a drawer or storage locker, as long as it is stored appropriately.
Why do we need batteries in a survival kit?
We need batteries in a survival kit for use on battery-powered requirements, especially in situations that require power.
Disaster readiness involves a lot of discipline more so because safety is on the line. Having an emergency kit helps in ensuring that your safety is given the utmost priority. That is why you need to invest in the best emergency kit for family to remain prepared in case of an emergency. This goes a long way in ensuring survival even for days because of the supplies and tools provided in the emergency kit.
The Emergency Zone 4 Person Family Prep 72 Hour Survival Kit/Go-Bag is my best recommendation as the best emergency kit for family. This is because it comes packed with all the supplies that can be helpful when a disaster occurs. It is also lightweight, meaning carrying it around is not a hard task. In this bag, everything is discreetly packed hence bringing with it security from outsiders.