Stethoscopes are essentials tools you need in your EMT’s medical arsenal. Paramedics and EMTs use stethoscopes to check blood pressure, assess bowels and lungs. They also use it to detect life for people who might be considered dead. To get accurate information when diagnosing your patient, you need to choose the best stethoscope for EMT. It should be reliable, durable, and easy to use.
Before you buy your ideal stethoscope, you should also consider the earpieces, material, acoustic, and chest pieces, among other features. We have a shortlist of excellent and budget-friendly stethoscopes that perform well. Read this article to get more insights and opinions on these top-rated stethoscopes.
Table of Content:
This is a brief summary of what we have covered in this stethoscope guide. You can click any section right away to find what you want.
- 5 Best Stethoscope for EMT Reviews 2020
- Why Do You Recommend Different Stethoscopes for EMTs and Paramedics?
We have included this comparison chart to help you compare our top stethoscopes based on their top features.
How Does a Stethoscope Work?
Knowing how a stethoscope works is a great advantage; it doesn’t matter if you are just curious or a medical professional. These tools are essential in diagnosing a patient’s health, so you need to know how to use them the right way.
If you don’t have a stethoscope, I’m sure you have seen one. But have you ever asked yourself how this tool works? If so, then I will let you know how a stethoscope works.
It can take time for you to understand how to handle a stethoscope. However, after some time, you will find it easy to use a stethoscope. It is great to use the stethoscope in a calm environment to get accurate results.
First, the stethoscope has a chest piece, which is a small metal in round shape. It also has a diaphragm, which is the plastic around it. If you place this tool on a patient’s chest, the sound makes the diaphragm vibrate, and this sound travels through the tube to the doctor’s ears. Here are some more tips that will help you use a stethoscope the best way.
- Always check to see if the earpieces face each other then put them in your ears.
- You can tap the diaphragm to find out leaks in the tubing. If you hear nothing, there could be possible leaks.
- You should ensure the earbuds face towards your face when using a stethoscope.
- When listening to the sounds, listen more than once to get accurate information.
5 Best Stethoscope for EMT Reviews 2020
Finding a quality stethoscope can be tough, with a wide range of options available. It is great to get a stethoscope that meets the needs or profession. You need to ask yourself different questions. These include the part of the body you want to check; do you need a digital or classic stethoscope? Are you a professional or a medical student? All these will help you get the right stethoscope. Here are the best stethoscope for EMT that we recommend.
1. ADC Adscope 615 Platinum Sculpted Clinician Stethoscope
Need the best stethoscope for a paramedic? This is one of the top options that provide reliable performance. The stethoscope features unique acoustics and performs incredibly well. It features quality construction with an oversized chest piece. The tool also utilizes frequency design technology to give you the best acoustic performance. This affordable stethoscope features quality craftsmanship to give performance and value.
When picking a stethoscope, it is great to think about comfort. This is exactly what you get from this model. It features an ergonomic headset that is easy to wear. Additionally, the ear tips offer maximum comfort and give you a great acoustic seal. Therefore, the noise from outside will not affect your hearing accuracy. This stethoscope also has a non-shill diaphragm retaining rim to give the patient comfort. It comes with additional accessories like a storage case, scope ID tag, and silicone ear tips.
Users also appreciate the rugged construction of this stethoscope. It features premium quality materials; hence it will serve you longer. The double-leaf tensions can handle many cycles. The clinician headset also has a reinforcing yoke that is molded into 22-inch flexible PVC tubing with stainless binaural. Every component of the tool can handle the pressure from daily use. This stethoscope is available in different colors so you can personalize the finish you want.
ADC Adscope 615 Features:
- The stethoscope features an adjustable frequency design to give you the best acoustic response.
- It comes with two extra pairs of adsoft plus ear tips and a scope ID tag that complements it.
- Features a lightweight chest piece with a good performance and ergonomics.
- Adsoft silicone ear tips provide an acoustic seal and great comfort when wearing.
- The headset of the stethoscope has a reinforcing York made into a 22 inch flexible PVC tubing.
2. 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope
If you need an excellent entry-level stethoscope, get this model. Everything about this best Littmann stethoscope for EMT will impress you. It gives you reliable performance and accuracy when you are diagnosing your patient. This is one of the lightest stethoscopes that you can find, making it comfortable for caregivers to use. You can wear it all day long without feeling uncomfortable as compared to other stethoscopes.
Patients also find it comfortable because it is equipped with a non-chill diaphragm and rim. The tool has a tunable diagram that responds well to simple pressure changes. Therefore, it can capture both low and high frequencies. Moreover, the diaphragm features epoxy and fiberglass material to enhance its longevity.
The stethoscope features a tear-drop shape; hence it can fit perfectly under the blood pressure cuff. You will also love the well-designed headset that is angled to work perfectly with the ear canal.
3M Littmann Features:
- They are designed with resilient tubing that retains their flexibility and shape even after folding them in your pocket tightly.
- The tubing is made of natural rubber latex, which is great for sensitive patients and medical professionals.
- The stethoscope offers high-quality performance, great value, and different professionals trust it.
- The stethoscope features light contact low-frequency and a firm pressure high frequency.
- You can use the 3M Littmann Learning Institute app to help you enhance your performance.
3. ASATechmed Nurse/EMT Starter Pack Stethoscope
Stethoscopes are essentials tools that EMTs and paramedics need to monitor blood pressure and other uses. If you are looking for a thoughtful gift for a nurse, firefighter, medical student, police, or simply for personal use, the ASATechmed stethoscope is great. This is the best cheap stethoscope that provides an exemplary performance. This starter kit comes with all the essential items that professional students need in the field.
The kit features a manual blood pressure cuff with a pin stop movement. Additionally, it has an extended universal blood pressure cuff made of top-notch polyester and PVC material and matching storage bags. With this unit, you can achieve clinical accuracy that students and professionals need.
You will also find a dual head stethoscope to match the bp monitor. The stethoscope tubing is latex-free, and it features a chrome-plated chest piece. You can achieve quality acoustic and comfort when using this tool. Moreover, the package has EMT trauma shears that complement the whole set. The shears are made of heavy-duty stainless steel blades that can cut different fabrics. The handle is also ergonomic and gives you comfort when using the shears.
ASATechmed Nurse Features:
- It is lightweight and portable so you can carry it without experiencing any discomfort.
- The shears feature an ergonomic handle design to give comfort and ease of access.
- A dual head stethoscope that has high-quality acoustic and provides reliable and accurate performance.
- You will get a manual blood pressure monitor that gives students and professionals clinical accuracy.
- The blades of the shears are made of durable stainless steel and can cut fabrics like leather, denim, and vinyl, among others.
4. ADC Adscope Lite 612 Lightweight Platinum Clinician Stethoscope
This is another good stethoscope for EMT. This scope features an adjustable frequency design. This will help you get a quality acoustic response. The headset of the unit features a reinforcing York that is perfectly molded in a flexible 22-inch PVC tubing.
The scope is comfortable to use since it is plus silicone ear tips not to feel discomfort even when wearing it for an extended time. Additionally, the patient also feels comfortable because it has a non-chill diagram. All the parts of the scope feature premium quality materials. This gives you reliability and durability. The scope is designed to handle daily use without compromising the performance.
You can choose any color of your choice to meet your needs. It is available in navy, black, teal, blue, and dark green. You will also find some accessories included in the package like additional silicone ear tips with a storage bag and a scope ID tag.
ADC Adscope Lite Features:
- The stethoscope features an adjustable frequency design to give you the best acoustic performance.
- It features an ergonomic design, which makes it comfortable for both the patient and the user.
- The clinician headset has a reinforcing York that is molded into flexible 22-inch PVC tubing.
- A great stethoscope that is manufactured using premium quality materials for durability.
- Available in different colors, and you will also find some useful accessories in the package.
5. MDF Acoustica Deluxe Lightweight Dual Head Stethoscope
When picking a stethoscope, it is essential to consider its weight for comfort purposes. The MDF Acoustica is a lightweight tool that provides accurate information about the lung and heart. This stethoscope comes from one of the most popular stethoscope brands that provide reliable products. It features an ergonomic design hence comfortable for the user and the patient.
The scope is made from quality aluminum, giving you the durability and the performance you need in the field. The chest piece features lightweight aluminum construction, and it is handcrafted to enhance its longevity. Another great aspect is the full rotation acoustic valve stem that features a green indicator dot to help you identify the active sound channel easily.
This stethoscope also features a large bell to offer great sound amplification, comfort, and isolation of low frequency. The soft silicone ear tips are well made to give you a perfect fit and sound isolation. On top of that, it features a non- stick tubing with a Y- configuration to give insulation and better sound transmission. It seals the ambient noise and ensures it doesn’t crack as a result of extended use.
MDF Acoustica Features:
- A durable and lightweight stethoscope that offers excellent sound performance.
- It is made of a high-quality and lightweight aluminum construction for reliable use.
- Features comfort seal ear tips that give a perfect fit and offer sound isolation.
- The stethoscope features an ergonomic design, which makes it comfortable for the patient and the doctor.
- It is made with high-quality acoustic tubing to provide superb sound transmission and insulation.
Why Do You Recommend Different Stethoscopes for EMTs and Paramedics?
EMTs and paramedics are recommended to have different types of stethoscopes for various body parts. For instance, they should have a stethoscope for the lungs, abdomen, and chest.
Stethoscopes also come in different types based on the technology. In this category, you can get electronic stethoscopes, acoustic stethoscopes, and stethoscopes for people with impaired hearing.
Other types of stethoscopes that they should have should be based on the use. They need different stethoscopes for infants, neonatal, pediatric, fetal, cardiology, veterinary, and amplifying, among others.
Paramedics and EMTs need to have all these types of stethoscopes to get accurate information and ease of use, depending on the patient.
Frequently Asked Question
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions on stethoscopes for EMT and paramedics below.
Do EMTs wear stethoscopes?
How often should you replace your stethoscope?
How can you prevent noise when you are using a stethoscope?
Can I use a stethoscope on myself?
Stethoscopes are essential tools for paramedics and EMTs. These tools help them listen closely to what is going on in the patient’s body, like the lungs, heart, and stomach. If you were searching for the best stethoscope for EMT, I hope this guide will help you know the best. We have selected quality stethoscopes that are accurate, comfortable, durable, and easy to use.
We recommend the ASATechmed Nurse/EMT Starter Pack Stethoscope. This is a fantastic starter set for different people like professionals, medical students, nurses, EMTs, police, and firefighters. This stethoscope is easy and comfortable to use and offers accurate and reliable performance.